Need help with internet accessibility

fandango121 00:47 17 Feb 2006

How can i switch off and on the internet to a certain room in my house? Also, can i put a timer on it (so they can only get on from a certain time to another). Would this deal with routers or networks...im not real smart with computers

Jak_1 00:55 17 Feb 2006

Never heard of anything like that, certainly no router will do that. The best I can sugest is pulling the modem plug!

wobblymike 07:13 17 Feb 2006

I've never heard of that either however you could set up a wireless system where the slave pc can only access the net when the master pc is powered up - if interested post back and I'll describe it.

Belatucadrus 10:30 17 Feb 2006

click here iProtect you free parental control program with Internet scheduling facility. I don't use it so can't confirm how it performs.

fandango121 23:12 23 Feb 2006

What im trying to figure out is how can i manage my kids' internet access. Is there a way to make them only be on from like 3 to 10 or something like that? Without a program from online or anything? I am so confused

fandango121 23:23 23 Feb 2006

DI 614+ 2.4GHz Wirless Router is what router i have by the way.

skidzy 23:33 23 Feb 2006

Easy.........Tell them to get off the pc or they end up with square eyes.....

Sorry,thought i would add a little humour.. :-)

Anyway,works for my little boy !!!!

johnnyrocker 23:33 23 Feb 2006

try telling them?

johnny.

007al 23:39 23 Feb 2006

If you had their internet access through your pc,they can only go online when your pc is on.That way you can disconnect their access from your pc.If youre using yours just disable the sharing at the time you want.If youre not using it and its not switched on,they cant connect anyway.Not the best solution,but its an option.

skidzy 23:44 23 Feb 2006

dont mean to highjack this thread...

Jonny...i know exactly what you mean,But stopping pocket money works wonders,and no pc for a week works especially well.

Sorry fandango121....Wont interrupt any more.

wobblymike 08:49 25 Feb 2006

my suggestion above reinforced by 007al would seem to be what you want - do you want chapter and verse how to do it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?