Need help finding information about A Laptop Screen!

routinej 01:46 20 Jan 2015

Hi, I'm sure this is an odd request but, long story short. I have very sensitive eyes and am stuck using CRT monitors on high refresh rates as they do not bother me, But my current one is dying so i need to upgrade to a "newer" monitor. My mother had a laptop a while ago the -Packard Bell Easynote TM87-GN-029 15.6inch - And normally the thin monitor screens give me migraines after very short usage times. but the screen on this laptop ,regardless of how long i spent on it, never gave me even the slightest headache. So what i mean to ask is, does anyone happen to know, or know how to find exactly what type of screen it was? LCD,LED? did it use CCFL or LED backlight? I need to know to figure out what type of monitors are easy on my eyes so i don't end up buying something i would end up not being able to use at all.- Thanks anyone in advance.

robin_x 02:43 20 Jan 2015

This site lists 1000s of screens and laptop models.

click here

It correctly identifies my exact model Compaq as being fitted either with CCFL or LED (depending on when it was made).

With yours, it identifies the whole TM87 Family of models as only LED.

It gives you the choice of Glossy or Matte and no indication of whether there was a choice originally.

-^-

CRT Monitors still come up on my local Freecycle every now and again.

You could try putting a Wanted notice on your local Freecycle too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?