Need Help With Finding Gaming Problem

mattling9 01:16 07 Jun 2014

Long Story short i brought a custom made so called 'Gaming' PC which cost me around £750-800 at the time. the whole computer system works very well.... apart form the fact i cannot play games at all... everything runs fine, even the cutsceens in the games, until you try and play them, the game crashes, freezes, jumps about... they are all UNPLAYABLE. the only game i would like to work is DOTA 2 which is not very graphics intensive anyway. I am thinking about buying a new graphics card as i think this is the problem. the seller said it had a good 1gb graphics card, where as i looked it up and is actually only a radeon X300 128mb which is worth about £7-10 in the UK...

i am wondering if it is definitely the graphics card that is letting me down here or if it is other components i.e the processor..

mattling9 10:12 07 Jun 2014

Motherboard - Biostar N68S3

CPU - AMD Phenom II

PSU - 500W

RAM - MTex 4GB

HDD - 1TB

mattling9 10:30 07 Jun 2014
########################UPDATE########################

It has only come to my mind that i swapped the graphics card out with another one to see if that would make a difference. The ACTUAL graphics card that came with this computer is an 1GB Radeon HD 5450

Mr Mistoffelees 10:51 07 Jun 2014

I think you have been substantially overcharged, for a very basic PC that is totally unsuited for gaming.

mattling9 11:04 07 Jun 2014

The he charged me i think £730ish for the lot... Saying it would be amazing when it came to gaming. I wouldn't know the price of the motherboard though :(

CPU - i only have the info listen on the CPU which is just AMD Phenom II, it was made in 2008, roughly when i brought it.

RAM - Only info i could find was MTex 4G/1333/3568 UL

The budget for the graphics card depends on if anything else needs upgrading, if it is just the graphics card then probably anything upto £60/70.Just wanting to get this to work as i am currently gaming on a Dell inspiron laptop which is just self explanatory really LOL XD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?