Need help but dont know which section to go under

cadx 00:34 16 Sep 2009

I was using my computer per usual then suddenly had this alert saying my computer was being attacked and to buy this anti virus, I did have AVG but after reading one of your answers in a forum decide to delete it as it was NOT doing its job! This thing has a heading "TOTAL SECURITY" and it seems as though its related to Windows, though it seems suspicious to me. I am getting tired of all this even though it only happened an hour ago, I have even tried to remove it from the programmes removel section and I just cant delete it, it keeps popping up saying am under threat and to get a valuation key/ meaning to buy! Help please as I am 62 and could do without all this.

lotvic 00:42 16 Sep 2009

How to remove Total Security (Uninstall Guide) click here

cadx 00:44 16 Sep 2009

also I click on one of links you gave another user to get a free anti virus, I then did the same after the download up popped another box saying to continue you must buy, so I deleted that too!, as I went to uninstall, it then said oh please dont uninstall we have a free version, would you like to try, well you can guess what I did, am so angry with all these sites.

woody 00:53 16 Sep 2009

Hello cadx - are you like me can not sleep!!
62 you are still a youngster - calm down - its only a pc and at worst you just "recover" - you do have back up?
You do find that the free programs also have paid for prog that they often try to get you to buy.
AVAST - free and good.
Good luck.

lotvic 00:55 16 Sep 2009

"I click on one of links you gave another user to get a free anti virus....."
What was this about? Which program was it?

----------------------
You need to protect your pc as you now have no antivirus program as you have uninstalled AVG.

I suggest Avast Free for home use.

How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus click here

Another good program to have installed as well as Avast is SpywareBlaster click here it also is a Free program but you have to do manual updates.

lotvic 00:58 16 Sep 2009

if you are awake then I'll be off to bed - I'm shattered :))

cadx 01:05 16 Sep 2009

I click on one of links you gave another user to get a free anti virus....."
What was this about? Which program was it?
same as mine this person had AVG and was told to remove it, I think it was avast!!!
now that first link you gave me its doing the same I have 123 viruses but till I buy it will not !"FIX" am still getting that popup from TOTAL SECURITY! its doing my head in...I cant sleep cos am in poor health not going to bore you with the details.

cadx 01:07 16 Sep 2009

if you guys would be so kind as to give me FREE anti virus so I can get rid and use my computer

cadx 01:08 16 Sep 2009

here is the link to the renew

click here

cadx 01:12 16 Sep 2009

am also now getting a RUNTIME ERROR 217 at 055DFD2D

cadx 01:24 16 Sep 2009

when I click the link above to get another anti virus it takes me a different site...here

click here&

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone