Need help with a custom form...

cozza101uk 21:14 14 Oct 2008

Hi.

I'm trying to find a custom form (HTML ideally) which I could put on a site.

I want there to be an empty box, with the fields for the visitor to fill in. I then want the system to take that form and display it on a page along with everyone else who's submitted a form.

I don't want people to have to register in advance, I want the process to be automatic and immediate.

Is there any way of doing this?

Kemistri 15:56 18 Oct 2008

So basically, you want absolutely anyone (human or bot) to be able to enter content that will be parsed into HTML output.

I'm sure that the risks of doing that will be obvious and, like I pointed out to someone who asked a very similar question a few days ago, your PHP will need to be properly secure in order to avoid vulnerabilities that will allow malicious users to ruin your day.

If you want an off-the-shelf PHP program, search Hot Scripts (click here) or a similar library, pick one that is well rated and popular, and then cross-check it with a search of the Secunia database (click here).

The HTML is the really easy part, but if you don't know your mark up, post again and I'll give you an example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie