Need help with connection

Fenrir_666 19:10 26 Jun 2008

Hi there, I have set up a wireless connection between a BT home hub and a PC using the Netgear WG111v3 adapter. The connection works, however it says that it has already established a connection but Explorer does not pull up any sites except the dreaded 'cannot find page (something that comes up when you try to use it offline)'. I have to disconnect and then reconnect for the user to use the internet. Any ideas on how to solve this rather annoying problem??

ambra4 19:16 26 Jun 2008

4 steps to set up your home wireless network

click here

And go to section 4 “Connect Your Computers

Fenrir_666 20:14 26 Jun 2008

Sorry that link opens this page, Could you post the correct link please

Technotiger 20:30 26 Jun 2008

Hi, yes your link does only re-direct to this page ??

I had, or thought I had '4 steps to set up your home wireless network' saved in my Bookmarks and was going to show it here as a link; However, what opened was something I have not seen before, verrry strange - please see this screenshot ...

[URL=click here][IMG]click here

Technotiger 20:33 26 Jun 2008

The message you can see in the screenshot is only part of it - it started off by saying something like - 'This page is a fake .... then it carried on about being only a Server and a lot of other rubbish ???

Fenrir_666 20:33 26 Jun 2008

Weird! Any other solutions?

Technotiger 20:37 26 Jun 2008

This is I think the original link that ambra4 was trying to give you ...

click here

Fenrir_666 20:53 26 Jun 2008

Ok I read through it, however i noticed that the example pic showing the available networks says that the connection is automatic, mine says its manual! Please help.

Technotiger 20:57 26 Jun 2008

I think you need to click on the word Connect, at the bottom of the window. I have never needed to do it myself.

Guessing now, if that does not work try right-clicking on the network shown, to see if you get any further Options.

ambra4 01:46 27 Jun 2008

Fenrir_666

Sorry about the link wrong site Technotiger link was the correct one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?