need help!

westdudes 09:22 31 Jan 2004

ive just built a computer (i have to admit its the first time in four years ive done it and i just read from the manuals), the specs are intel p4 2.8ghz hyper threading enabled, 128 radeon pro graphics 9800.asus p4c 800 deluxe e, 512 mb ddr ram, samsung oem 80 gig hard drive sata, pc-tv card- and basic cd writer, 7 in 1 card reader.

ive just tried booting up for first time and i get a msg on boot up 'no drive attached to fast track controller. bios not installed' ill be honest in the fact i dont really know what it means but im trying to learn these things lol. the hard drive is in sata input one on the motherboard and the hard drive is set to master.Can anyone help me out of this..
cheers

Falkyrn 09:43 31 Jan 2004

If you enter the bios settings (pressing delete key on some systems) this should display the settings for your machine .... it sounds as if the hard drive has not been setup within the bios.

The easiest way to do this would be to set the hard drive recognition to auto or if you are more comfortable set the bios manually using the drive specs as supplied with it (usually on the case)

Giant68 13:38 31 Jan 2004

It sounds to me that you have a RAID m/b. When I boot mine it gives the same message, I haven't got any drives set up as raid, then continues with the boot process. If you have no drive attached to the raid controller then the BIOS for the RAID controller will not install, it will flash up the message but should still boot up.

Giant68

westdudes 21:39 31 Jan 2004

bios is not detecting the hard drive for reason...it was before but now it is not.maybe i cud have put the jumper in the wrong setting...but i only followed the instructions on the samsung web site click here anyother suggestions i'd be greatful.i have a feeling the hdd isnt working for me :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?