need a good back up software..

JUSTDANCE 11:36 30 Jun 2010

basically i need a back up software which will enable me to select 15Gb worth of files and tell me how many DVDs i will need, and it will automatically burn all the files on, telling me to insert a disc as it goes along.

Fair enough, i can do this on norton 360.

BUT the problem is that when i get norton to do the back up, it burns the files in nortons format, so i will need norton software to extract the fles.

Is there a software out there which burns the files in the same way of me manually burning the files using the windows wizard thing? - so that i can browse the files on the dvd using any computer??

Thanks alot.

Belatucadrus 12:48 30 Jun 2010

Try Ashampoo Burning Studio free click here the "Backup files and folders" facility will do what you're asking.

sherwoodsolns 22:41 30 Jun 2010

If using Vista or windows se7en the use the backup feature inbuilt or even "image" the drive to an external HDD or USB stick - why use DVD's? unless it is a clean install your could easily use several disks - whereas a portable HDd at about £30 -40 would keep several backups seperate from your machine. If you have a dekstop Pc then why not get a cheap sata/ide drive and temporarily connect it to your system, abckup to it and remove the disk and keep this safe?

baking up to DVD's these days is only useful for data needing a single disk - else use another form of media.

sherwoodsolns 22:43 30 Jun 2010

addendum - the best backup software to use is PARAGON Hard disk manager 2010 or their backup disk software. very reliable and cheaper than Norton I think. cheaper still on vista and Seven is the system backup software.

geek12 09:23 02 Jul 2010

I use and recommend Handy Backup, it's good software for DVD backup, and works great...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?