Need easy to open document formatt for existing word & excel docs

[email protected] 11:26 06 Nov 2013

Hi, please help, I have a word & excel document that we send out to staff & a lot are saying that they are struggling to open them. (I suspect that they may not have Microsoft Office). I need to convert these 2 x documents to a format that will enable all to be able to open. Please respond asap with help.

Colin9999

xania 11:46 06 Nov 2013

If you can afford it, you can always get Adobe Acrobat - then all your readers only need the free Adobe Reader to read the documents. There are some free .pdf creators out there, but don't know how good they are.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:50 06 Nov 2013

They will need to install a word and excel viewer (free) from Microsoft

If you are sending out .doc files they can be opened with word pad all windows PCs have word pad, however the later office programs use docx files which cannot be opened with word pad

Zak 11:51 06 Nov 2013

The easiest is by using Google Docs - online solution; other alternative involve installing free office suite software such as Libre Office

Open Word, Excel, PowerPoint files without Microsoft Office

Libre Office

Jollyjohn 13:18 06 Nov 2013

If you use OpenOffice or LibreOffice you can "Export as pdf" A very useful feature I use a lot.

Pine Man 13:55 06 Nov 2013

Office can save those files as pdf files.There is no need to buy Adobe Acrobat. In fact there is no need to buy or install any additional software at all and all your employees will be able to read them without installing any additional software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?