Need to delete IE 7 & Replace with IE6

Ex plorer 14:05 25 Nov 2006

Hi I am trying to delete Windows IE 7, it’s causing problems with eBay and I want to go back to IE 6 SP1.
I went to add remove and I thought I had deleted IE7 but apparently not, so where do I go to delete IE7 as it won’t accept an older version to bee set-up in place of IE7.

Ex

anskyber 14:06 25 Nov 2006

What sort of problems are you having with ebay?

rawprawn 14:11 25 Nov 2006

It should uninstall through Add/Remove programs and automatically revert to IE6,Is IE7 still showing in Add/Remove?

Ex plorer 14:25 25 Nov 2006

Problems are with the eBay toolbar, I use eBay dailey and as its the only place you can have there tool-bar I need IE.
Problems are IE reports that it must close due to an unexpected Error. IE said the problem is due to add-on tool-bars, (eBay).
Ebay say there tool-bar runs with IE6.0 SP1 or lower.
I cant see IE in add remove or at least I thought I had deleted it.

Legolas 14:30 25 Nov 2006

If you go to add/remove programmes and tick "show updates" it should show you the IE7 install you should be able to uninstall from there.

Ex plorer 14:45 25 Nov 2006

Updates are open and there is no mention of IE at all?
Just ran Winver and I have Win 5.1 yet when I try to load Win IE 6.0 SP1 It says I cant load over a newer version IE.
It seems to me I did delete IE7 and it has revertedme back to my last Version IE5.1 as rawprawn said.
Thanks for advice I will leave IE5 if it works I will leav well alone if not I will down load IE6.1SP again and try later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?