Need to contact BT wholesale......

Tim1964 19:29 09 Aug 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to contact BT wholesale directly? Or more precisely, whoever is responsible for actually enabling a phone line for the MAXadsl service.
I was getting 2Mbps with my ISP (Madasfish) since I joined in December but then fell for the 'Up to 8 meg' hype and opted to regrade. My speeds are now always less than 1 meg even though my ISP reckoned at the time that I should get 3 megs. My ISP and BT are unable to restore my connection to it's original state saying that my line can only support 1 meg. BT (retail) can't help as I am not a BT BB customer and Madasafish can't help as they say "BT say.......only supports 1 meg" Around and around it goes.

How can BT wholesale say I can't get 2 megs when I was getting it for over 6 months? I just need them to 'undo' what ever was done at the exchange but there is no way to contact anyone...!!???!???

Mr Mistoffelees 19:33 09 Aug 2006
  Tim1964 19:57 09 Aug 2006

Thanks,

I'll try them tomorrow.

Stuartli 20:12 09 Aug 2006

Tiscali told me the same thing after I'd had a perfect 2MB service last year for six months...:-)

By the way I live just 580 metres from the exchange.

Tim1964 23:24 09 Aug 2006

Stuartli,

Are you getting 2 megs now, or are you on the MAX service?

johnnyrocker 23:36 09 Aug 2006

physical distance from exchang does not help much as it is a matter of the routing distance by wire to a premises.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?