Need to buy a 5cm Fan for an Intel Slot heatsink

  Giggle n' Bits 13:34 01 Jun 2003

This intel CPU is a Oblong shape and slots into a PCI type fitting so I think Its called a Slot CPU.
Its a Pentium II or Celeron 400MHz and has a 5cm fan screwed onto the heatsink. The bearing is sreaching on warm-up and would like to replace this fan.

Thing is I carn't find a fan anywhere to buy or not sure what I should be looking for.

Tried Dabs but there all Heatsinks and case fans.

Any links or name drops/guidance would be great.

  DieSse 13:42 01 Jun 2003

If it's a proper intel SECC package, this place has them click here

or type ... intel secc coolers uk ... into a Google search and hunt around.

If it's a slocket type package, with a norma looking removeable heatsink/fan unit then try a standard intel/AMD K7 cooler.

  Giggle n' Bits 22:01 01 Jun 2003

but has a direction blow from the blade marked by arrows.

  Despicable Desperado 22:31 01 Jun 2003

Do you live anywhee near Huddersfield?

  DieSse 23:58 01 Jun 2003

Cn you find a picture anywhere to refer us to - the problem is there are several different styles of these packages, and we cannot see what style yours is.

Is it all black, and fairly enclosed, is it silver withe a lot of open fins, of is it just like a regular heat-sink/fan which clips on the the actual processor socket, or none of these'

  Giggle n' Bits 19:27 02 Jun 2003

removed the fan and screwed it on where old was !

Identical and same make of old fan only the newer Heatsink was originally for a P3/Sok A just needed to fan.

Thanks to M8 DieSse ! & Despicable Desperado ! I live in the Cheshire area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017