need best spy ware remover my comp is over run

joone 06:33 14 Feb 2005

my x boyfriend now lives abroad we still instant message/i felt hed been accessing my computer . didnt realise how bad the situatuion was untill i tried a few ov these free scans .my computer has almost cum to a halt n the mouse is constantly clickin away n going wild while im on the line. theirs a lot of deleated files that i havnt touched n i cant access some programs
i would deeply appreciate the advice thankyou

AndySD 07:27 14 Feb 2005

Start with AdAware click here remember to update it befor running the scan. Also try a free virus scan click here or look on this months PC Advisor magazine for a free trial of a eScan Internet Security Suite.

JoeC 08:25 14 Feb 2005

Download Spybot S&D from

click here

Download SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard from

click here

Update and run.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:47 14 Feb 2005

This one is excellent.......click here

You will also need to download and run Ccleaner from click here (free as well)

G

Daibus 10:41 14 Feb 2005

GANDALF <|:-)>

Have just downloaded and installed the Microsoft Spyware tool and it does indeed, seem to be very good. It is easy to set up and after doing a deep scan it found one threat, that I didn't know I had.

Many thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:44 14 Feb 2005

It also uses real-time protection so should help stop spyware getting installed.

G

curlylad 10:53 14 Feb 2005

Some other free programs to try which will almost certainly find some nasties lurking in the dark recesses of your PC.

CWShredder click here

a² Free click here

Stinger click here

And finally a similar program to CCleaner but you may like to try this one as well

Cleanup! click here

This last one deletes all manner of rubbish in your browsers history , however if you wish to know how to do this manually then post back and I will give you details.

Belatucadrus 11:07 14 Feb 2005

Another useful tool is click here the Micro World Anti Virus toolkit, also scans for:- illegal dialers, illegal sniffers or tools like spywares, adware, keylogger etc

The Belarussian Mafia 11:09 14 Feb 2005

Give up on Internet Explorer. Download Mozilla Firefox and surf without pop-ups / spyware being an issue. I've been using this for about two months, and it works like a dream.

curlylad 11:21 14 Feb 2005

What operating system are you using please ?

joone 12:51 14 Feb 2005

TO ALL USERS ,WHO HAVE POSTED ADVICE ON SPYWARE PROGRAMMES I HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH SO MANY HELP SOLUTIONS.

AS A FIRST TIME USER HERE IVE BEEN REALLY SURPRISED WITH HOW HELPFUL AND PROMT YOUR REPLIES HAVE BEEN

WITHOUT A DOUBT MY EX WILL BE ,TO SAY THE LEAST "VERY PERPLEXED" THE NEXT TIME HE TRIES TO ACCESS MY COMPUTER

MANY MANY THANKS TO U ALL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)