Need an Android tablet with charge port seperate to USB port

windaps 15:02 30 Mar 2015

Is there an android tablet out there for less than £150 that can be charged while the USB port is being used to collect data? Must have full developer options. Simon

SparkyJack 16:40 30 Mar 2015

Most 'generic tablets have separate charge ports .

Only iPad has combined port I think.

As for price take a look at www.Morgan computers.co.uk

Jollyjohn 12:40 31 Mar 2015

My Nexus 7 only has a single usb port.

I am thinking the route to go might be a powered usb hub, that is one with a separate power supply, connected via usual usb lead. This should provide power to the tablet and allow data collection at the same time.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:31 31 Mar 2015

If the tablet USB is plugged in to a PC will be charging anyway.

wee eddie 17:11 31 Mar 2015

FB: has it. If you plug it into your PC it will charge as you browse it's content or download from it.

SparkyJack 12:12 04 Apr 2015

I have owned the tablets so far each has had a separate charge port together with micro USB, HDMI audio out The current one is a'Fusion'purchased from Amazon

caccy 13:55 04 Apr 2015

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7 only have one port.

TuxFan 14:19 21 Aug 2015

JollyJohn, as soon as you plug that OTG cable in it wont let you charge. The OTG cable has a shorted sens pin which tells the device it's running as a USB master and not a slave (as when plugged into a PC) meaning it can't be charged. There are ways around this on some tablets and phones (but not of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" where you have to take off the back and hardwire a power source in).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?