Need advice: looking for new desk top

katrina.oconnor.568 10:24 18 Jul 2008

I'm in the market for a new desk top... first DT I've bought for 5 years and first computer I've bought for over 2 years so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to new technology.

Ideally I'd like a DT capable of running Vista without problems, that can run 1-year-old strategy/sim games (like Casear IV... I know I've been out of the comp world a long time!) and that I can surf the net on.

Flat screen monitor at least 19in is a must (I use a 21in screen at work which is perfect - size wise)

HDD size is not too important, I prefer to keep things out of the guts and in externals (currently all my photos are on a Lacie).

I'm more familiar with "main stream" brands (HP, Dell etc) are the smaller brands better/mor reliable?

I've just had my second laptop completely die on me, so I'm heading back to DTs. but I'm still feeling a bit burnt by technology atm.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can give me :)

ronalddonald 14:00 18 Jul 2008
  iqs 14:37 18 Jul 2008

with ronalddonald'S first link,look at NOVATECH

Pine Man 15:41 18 Jul 2008
  katrina.oconnor.568 14:30 22 Jul 2008

Thanks so much.

I'm very interested in the Novatech pooters, and will be calling them for some recommendations.

Kind regards

iscanut 16:49 22 Jul 2008

I would go along re Cougar. Worth having a chat with them.

Horik 00:12 23 Jul 2008

I had a desktop pc from them a while ago. Excellent specs at a great price, great build quality and running perfectly - more than happy with it.

katrina.oconnor.568 09:16 23 Jul 2008

Unfortunately Cougar only deliver to mainland UK. I'm living in France (at the moment).

Thanks for all your recommendations

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?