Need advice for best laptop

joanleec_14 09:48 26 Feb 2005

I'm planning to buy a laptop for university next year but not actually sure what laptop best suits me. Budget: £1200 maxx.

I need:
- a really fast processor, probably 2.0GHz or higher
- mobile technology
- LIGHTWEIGHT
- CDRW/DVD-RW and preferably a floppy disk drive
- at least 60GBDisk Drive
- at least 256Mb Memory

Those specs are the really important ones for me and additional features will just be a bonus. I also need the laptop to be compatible with the internet connection within the university.

Jsimbaz 09:52 26 Feb 2005

Hey, I've been looking for a laptop for sometime now, I have a smaller budget though. click here search for seller 'hp_marketplace_uk' and there are some great bargins. All laptops/PDAs/PCs come with a one year warranty. You can feel safe because you are dealing direct with HP/Compaq. Most laptops are re-manufactured but read the feedback, and it sound good.

josh.

Gongoozler 12:29 26 Feb 2005

Jsimbaz, I think you meant to say Most laptops are re-branded. There are very few manufacturers of laptop components, and a large proportion are at the most assembled by the company whose label is attached. There are many very good manufacturers including HP/Compaq and Dell. Mesh and Evesham are highly regarded in this country. A good place to start is with the reviews by this magazine, click here and click here..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?