nee help with wireless

liviaalexandra 15:38 26 Aug 2009

i just formatted my laptop and re put xp back on. now i dont know how to get my internet back on. my laptop has built in wireless, so im not sure how to set it up and connect to my home internet.

please help.

Clapton is God 15:50 26 Aug 2009

If you've formatted the laptop you'll need to reinstall all the various drivers as well - wireless, sound, graphics, etc

liviaalexandra 15:52 26 Aug 2009

erm.im clueless...how do i do that? am i supposed to ave a disc with them on?.xD

Clapton is God 15:57 26 Aug 2009

"am i supposed to ave a disc with them on?"

Yes - or several discs.

liviaalexandra 16:00 26 Aug 2009

i only can find 2 dell discs but neither have drivers on, they have other software...oh damn

Clapton is God 16:05 26 Aug 2009

Presumably you have access to the internet from somewhere or you wouldn't be posting here.

Suggest you establish which wireless card the laptop has and then go to the manufacturer's website and download the driver to a pen drive. Install onto the laptop from that.

Once your wireless/internet is back up and running on the laptop you can start to worry about the other drivers.

liviaalexandra 16:09 26 Aug 2009

how do i find out what wireless card i have?

Clapton is God 16:12 26 Aug 2009

User manual??

liviaalexandra 16:23 26 Aug 2009

cant find it...omg i so fail at this..

Clapton is God 16:28 26 Aug 2009

Go to click here download the .exe file to a pen drive and install on your laptop.

Once installed, run Belarc and it will tell you the make and version of ALL the components on the laptop.

liviaalexandra 17:08 26 Aug 2009

ive done that, but i still dont understand any of what has come up? what am i supposed to be looking for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?