nee help with my broken sharp tv PLEASE...

neoeire 20:55 16 May 2010

hi.
i have a LC42X20E sharp 42"tv which i just got second hard, and i accidentally tripped and put my hand on the screen and cracked it. the rest still works, i just need a screen... but where?

any ideas where i can find a screen or faulty one for parts to fix myself(apart from ebay, my exact model is never on here), or
-what other 42" lcd tvs share the same part as i cant find my model exactly? found loads of lc42**** but none with matching model lc42x20e.

i tried contacting sharp a few times but they never reply.
there has to be some way i can sort this or find the info i need to source a replacement screen from another model...

any help would be great as i paid 350-00 just over a month ago for it.
thanks
shane

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:00 16 May 2010

I suggest you claim off your house insurance.

neoeire 21:03 16 May 2010

hi, thanks but i never had household insurance

neoeire 21:03 16 May 2010

hi, thanks but i never had household insurance

User-312386 07:37 17 May 2010

Try phoneing them on 08707 874837

Problem you have is that this TV appears to be over 2 years old and sharp may not even make the screens anymore!

Arnie 11:22 17 May 2010

A new screen for your TV may be not economically viable.

neoeire 17:01 17 May 2010

called the number and when i said i have a broken screen, they just refused to help in anyway even though he wouldnt even let me say the model number...
i bet they all make the panals easy to break so they can rip you off...

and as far as sharp are concerned, every single model, has a different panel screen...!!! what a load of rubbish... theres millions of models...

well i will just wait for a faulty one and sort it myself, and never buy a sharp again... stick with sony, they have in the past help me with this same problem.

thank you all for you help, sorry there isnt a happy ending here...
shane

chub_tor 18:00 17 May 2010

For just a little more than you paid for the Sharp you could have had a brand new 42" LCD click here or a 42" Plasma click here complete with 12 months guarantee.

In defence of Sharp they make some of the best panels around although I have never had to use their after sales service.

neoeire 18:36 17 May 2010

typical lol
well i think i might just go buy a cheap ebay one for now as i cant afford another350+

thanks anyway

Woolwell 18:43 17 May 2010

My building and contents insurance is less than £350 per year

Arnie 19:51 17 May 2010

(sic). "well i will just wait for a faulty one and sort it myself, and never buy a sharp again... stick with sony, they have in the past help me with this same problem."

You must be very careless with your TVs.
It would be wise to anchor them down, or use suitable wall brackets.

If you do buy another used TV with no guarantee, remember the high cost of repairs.
Just a friendly warning. (:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?