NEC ND1100-A DVD

timoton 15:38 15 Jan 2006

timoton.
Have been using Packard Bell DVD+R 2.4X disc's without any problems. Have just got new printable media from memorex 1 to 8x and every time I try to burn I get a power calibration error. Anyone used other media that will work.

timoton 15:52 15 Jan 2006

It says DVD+R on the cake box

absent 15:53 15 Jan 2006

You could check to see if there is a firmware update for your burner, if you do it is safer to use the dos version of the updater. I updated my nec 1300 recently and it enabled me to use discs that previously I had been unable to use.

timoton 19:22 15 Jan 2006

I tried the firmware download but was unsuccesful. The readme document says it won't work with OEM version of ND-1100A. the firmware version installed is 1.08 and the upgrade I came across was for version 1.0

SANTOS7 19:31 15 Jan 2006

There are two common causes for power calibration errors.

Low Quality Media

At the start of each burn the drive will burn to a small section the the disc to adjust the laser power for the media being used. Low quality media is inconsistent and will frequently give hit or miss results during the power calibration. AN32, CMC and Moser Baer are common low quality media.

Keep in mind that many of the brands of media aren't actually made by the company selling them. To find out who actually manufactured the media you can use DVD Identifier.

click here

Your Burner Is Dying

This one is self-explanatory.

If you're using quality media, your firmware is up to date and you're still recieving power calibration errors then your old drive is dying or your new drive is most likely defective

absent 20:44 15 Jan 2006

Check out this site click here for unofficial firmware may help or may be time to buy a new burner.

Biotech 23:45 15 Jan 2006

There used to be a lot of confusion as to what was OEM. I believe NEC classed rebadged models as OEM, but all NEC badged models should accept their firmware upgrades. This information came from NEC as my son had a NEC1100A when they first came out and were very choosy as to the media they would accept. If in doubt you can confirm this with NEC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?