NEC A727 Monitor Problem

Alexpant 12:59 08 Jan 2006

I havent used the monitor for almost 1.5 year, and when i did, i've been noticing all the time a slight tremor and very distinctive rippling lines on its sides. Apart from that, when i "reset" the screen to its original settings, everything is messed up. Vertical size resets back to 30, and can expand the screen waaaaaaaaay beyond its limits, whereas horizontal size resets to 50 and can barely reach the sides of the screen when taken to 100. Vertical and horizontal linearity are reset to 18 & 31 respectively, both V & H Moire are set to minimum and in general everythin else is messed up. Can anyone help, especially on the ripplings and the tremor?
Thanx

007al 13:05 08 Jan 2006

Do you have a driver disc?
Heres a driver click here

Alexpant 13:07 08 Jan 2006

Yes, i have the drivers i downloaded recently from Packard Bell, since that's where i bought it. I have also tried using the generic drivers provided by XP.

007al 13:16 08 Jan 2006

What graphica card do you have?
there maybe something here you can try click here

Alexpant 13:16 08 Jan 2006

Thanx for the help though 007al. The drivers u sent me stopped the tremor, but the rippling lines are still there...

click here

Here is a picture to see what i am talking about.

Alexpant 13:17 08 Jan 2006

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro...i've tried lots of drivers for it too..all from ATI.com

007al 13:35 08 Jan 2006

In Display Properties,click settings-advanced,and on the troubleshoot tab,make sure Hardware Acceleration is set to full and click Apply.Also check refresh rates in the monitor tab.Set open GL and direct 3D to default.
Post back with the results

Alexpant 14:31 08 Jan 2006

I did as you said mate, but no luck. The only thing that changes is when i choose different refresh rates, the ripples become concentrated or expand. I think this has something to do with that moire and linearity settings of the monitor, but i cant seem to find a suitable configuration.

007al 17:14 08 Jan 2006

Anyone else have any ideas?

Alexpant 18:05 08 Jan 2006

Thanx for ur help though 007al. I appreciate u taking the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?