ndiswan.vxd? Missing File?

pj1664 17:57 28 Apr 2004

Hi everyone, I have a slight problem with the above file. I recently installed a software for a ADSL Modem but the modem didnt work well so I uninstalled the software through Add and Remove progs. I was then prompted to restart the computer but the OS stop loading up half way informing me that the above file is missing and suggest reinstalling the file ( windows 98 still loads up by pressing enter). I have gone to SFC to see if I can load this file through the instalation disk but it keeps telling me that the file don't exist. How can I load this file without actually reinstalling windows 98? What is this file for anyway? I would really appreciate any input on this. Thank you.

GaT7 18:38 28 Apr 2004

Try reinstalling Dial-Up networking. Record all phone numbers, TCP/IP settings, and other protocols before you remove the Dial-Up adapter. click here for a guide to reinstall Dial-Up networking - follow it carefully. Good luck, G

airbourne1 20:22 28 Apr 2004

I had this problem when I first tried to install adsl modem, after many phone calls and wasted restarts I reinstalled windows. That cured it.

pj1664 19:12 29 Apr 2004

Thank you very much, It worked.

GaT7 22:15 29 Apr 2004

Did reinstalling dial-up networking work or did you have to reinstall Windows?

BTW, thanks for the email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?