I tried to upgrade Version 6.0 with Version 9.0 (the upgrade version, not the professional version) and found that I can't access my email account.
When I contacted McAfee, they came back with all sorts of talk referencing SpamKiller etc. I told them that I don't have SpamKiller - but they haven't replied to my email, since 01 May. Is there anyone out there who can offer me some help.
I've used System Restore to ensure that I go back to the old version, until the problem is resolved.
The following message appears every time I try to access my email:
The host 'pop.virgin.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.virgin.net', Server: 'pop.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
This is a known issues with McCrapee they’ve been aware of it for at least 6 months and have not fixed it yet, but have released a work round It reoccurred again with the release od a DAT update on the 20/04/2005 click here