NC10 Samsung

ariene 08:49 10 Apr 2010

Hi, i have a Samsung NC10, the keyboard isn't working, i dont have number lock on,what happens is i press keys and nothing happens, or i press keys and from one press i get 3 /4 letters come up at the same time, i cannont get into the nc10 because i cannot get the password writen, the backspace wont work, and now it has started to make a strange sound, can anyone help me please?
i dont have fn f11 on,
thank you

Technotiger 09:11 10 Apr 2010

Can you try starting in Safe Mode? Switch off completely, then press the Start button and immediately repeatedly press F8 - if it then starts choose Safe Mode with Networking, if it completes this far, you could then try a System Restore back to when all was OK.

ariene 11:12 10 Apr 2010

i have tired that, it doesn't help, when i type in say the letter E for example ,it comes up with the letters reyu..this happens with alot of keys , just randoms letters come up with different keys,

Technotiger 14:19 10 Apr 2010

Sounds like faulty hardware then - has anything been spilled on the keyboard, like coffee (very sticky) for instance?

woodchip 14:56 10 Apr 2010

Yes I think Hardware, but I am using a nc10 to write this keep tapping F8 and choose last known good config. to see how it goes

woodchip 14:57 10 Apr 2010

after restarting pc i should have said

alankearn 05:55 11 Apr 2010

Some one may know how to help at this link

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:53 11 Apr 2010

Plug in a USB keyboard.

If that lets you log in then try removing / reinstalling the keyboard driver in device manager.

reboot and retry the normal keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017