NC10 Samsung

ariene 08:49 10 Apr 2010

Hi, i have a Samsung NC10, the keyboard isn't working, i dont have number lock on,what happens is i press keys and nothing happens, or i press keys and from one press i get 3 /4 letters come up at the same time, i cannont get into the nc10 because i cannot get the password writen, the backspace wont work, and now it has started to make a strange sound, can anyone help me please?
i dont have fn f11 on,
thank you

Technotiger 09:11 10 Apr 2010

Can you try starting in Safe Mode? Switch off completely, then press the Start button and immediately repeatedly press F8 - if it then starts choose Safe Mode with Networking, if it completes this far, you could then try a System Restore back to when all was OK.

ariene 11:12 10 Apr 2010

i have tired that, it doesn't help, when i type in say the letter E for example ,it comes up with the letters reyu..this happens with alot of keys , just randoms letters come up with different keys,

Technotiger 14:19 10 Apr 2010

Sounds like faulty hardware then - has anything been spilled on the keyboard, like coffee (very sticky) for instance?

woodchip 14:56 10 Apr 2010

Yes I think Hardware, but I am using a nc10 to write this keep tapping F8 and choose last known good config. to see how it goes

woodchip 14:57 10 Apr 2010

after restarting pc i should have said

alankearn 05:55 11 Apr 2010

Some one may know how to help at this link

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:53 11 Apr 2010

Plug in a USB keyboard.

If that lets you log in then try removing / reinstalling the keyboard driver in device manager.

reboot and retry the normal keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?