NC10 Netbook and Wi-Fi disconnect

NC10 User 10:55 19 Apr 2009

I have a Samsung NC10 Netbook running Windows XP which connects by Wi-Fi trouble-free to my Orange livebox router. The problem comes when the netbook goes into 'standby' mode, for example, when I close the screen. After a few minutes the Wi-Fi connection drops out and nothing short of re-booting the netbook will induce it to reconnect to the Livebox or anything else. I've tried the 'Repair' option in the dop-down menu. In fact, none of the drop-down menu options - including 'show available networks' functions once the Wi-Fi has crashed. I've also gone into Device Manager and altered the power-save setting for the Wi-Fi device from normal to off but none of these have solved the problem.

Anyone had a similar problem or knows a solution?

Thanks for reading

davey emcee 17:51 19 Apr 2009

Hi, My nc10 wifi connection "closes down" when computer goes into standby. On waking from standby though it starts searching for signals. Is you connection icon not indicating a search?

davey emcee 17:53 19 Apr 2009

Sorry that should read "Is your connection icon not indicating a search?

NC10 User 21:07 20 Apr 2009

davey

No, the Wi-Fi icon just shows a red cross and doesn't respond to any of the drop down menu commands. Re-boot is the only solution at the moment.

davey emcee 21:45 20 Apr 2009

Does the blue wifi led (3rd from right) come on when you wake up nc10. Sometimes mine won't re-connect if I'm in a bad position relative to router (even though it was ok before going into standby). Try putting nc10 close to router just eliminate that.

NC10 User 18:14 21 Apr 2009

davey

Yes, the Wi-Fi does come on when the NC10 wakes up but it has a red cross alongside it. When it's working I get a 'excellent' signal stregth throughout the house so I don't think signal strength is the problem.

davey emcee 23:59 21 Apr 2009

Have look here, you might have more luck:-
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?