Navigation in excel

Eraflooz 05:21 20 Feb 2003

The tab key used to jump cells, now it actually jumps windows...even when i'm in a document using excel, when i use the tab key, it toggles between active windows...how do i correct this? thanks..

Simon_P 07:14 20 Feb 2003

user "VoG" will most likly be able to answer that for you. Excel is His forte

Refresh post later if you still have not resolved problem.

VoG™ 08:17 20 Feb 2003

Unfortunately I'm stumped.

Is this just in Excel or does TAB behave strangely in other applications?

temp003 08:36 20 Feb 2003

I know that you can toggle between Windows or applications by pressing Alt-Tab. You then get a notification of what the window or application next in line is.

Just in case one of your Alt keys has got stuck or is acting funny. [But you still have to release the Alt-Tab keys to get to the next window, so a stuck Alt key does not fully explain it.]

Other than that, can't help.

MalcSP 09:59 20 Feb 2003

I think this is a faulty keyboard problem. Use another keyboard to check. the only other thing I can think of is if you have the sticky keys option set up somehow. Though this disables itself so it is only a shot in the dark. If VoG™ doesn't know, its got to be mechanical.

Eraflooz 15:37 20 Feb 2003

Yes, VoG?, this happens in other applications...so then, it would actually be a win98 problem, but no fear...I ran norton windoctor and everything is now back to normal....the tab key does what i want it to so....thanks fer the responses anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?