Navigation

nagsman 14:14 26 Sep 2005

I am making a list of results and as the page is quite long I would like to make a link from the top of the page to a section about half way down, I can do top of page link's with a name="top"> /a>
a CLASS="nav" STYLE="text-decoration:none" href="#top">Top of Page /a>
br> but can not get it to work the other way round. I am using Front Page 2000 any help would be much appreciated. Stephen

PurplePenny 18:54 26 Sep 2005

I'm not familiar with FP so I can't tell you how to do it with that but it must be a similar process to that of inserting the name anchor and the link that takes you back to the top. You will need to give the section a name then the replace "top" and "#top" in the code that you have quoted with the name that you have chosen for that section.

nagsman 21:43 26 Sep 2005

Sorry but I tryed that and couldn't get it to work

PurplePenny 21:51 26 Sep 2005

I don't understand why it wouldn't work. Post the code here and maybe we can spot what is wrong.

nagsman 13:18 27 Sep 2005

It was a simple case of me not addapting the code properly, when I changed it to <a name="Sheepsection"></a> <a CLASS="nav" STYLE="text-decoration:none" href="#Sheepsection">Sheep Section</a> it worked perfectly. thanks for your help Stephen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires