NAV2008 Upgrade

Scubaman 19:44 14 Dec 2007

I have just tried to install the NAV2008 upgrade and was told to uninstall all Norton products. I downloaded the required removal software and deleted NPF AND NAV. Now I can only load one or the other. I get the message - Setup has detected another Symantec Firewall product, such as Norton Internet Security or NPF. You must remove this program before you can finish installation. I have deleted the Upgrade and reinstalled the old versions of NAV2004 and NPF2004, they work ok except that my NAV has expired. Any ideas.

birdface 00:54 15 Dec 2007

You will have to download and run the Norton Removal tool.click here Once you have run it run C Cleaner then try Norton 2008.

Scubaman 15:40 15 Dec 2007

Thanks buteman, but...... I used the Norton removal tool and then ran C Cleaner. I installed the NAV2008 upgrade then yes, same problem when I try to install NPF, the same message, "Setup has detected another Symantec Firewall product etc......", where I don't know. Any ideas?

wiz-king 16:11 15 Dec 2007

I had a similar message and it was the 'live update' that was still running in the background.

birdface 16:31 15 Dec 2007

Run the removal tool again then Go to search,And type in Norton and see if anything comes up,If so delete what you can without deleting any other programs,Once you have done that do the same .Type in symantec and remove anything found.Run C Cleaner then try again.Just wondering if another firewall product running,disconnect from the internet before running the removal tool.That will stop anything from running.

Scubaman 11:39 16 Dec 2007

Hi Guys, Well..... NAV2008 cannot co-exist with NPF. In the NAV2008 version there is an internet Worm Protection Feature. However if I wish to use the NPF feature I am told that I can purchase the Norton Internet Security 2008 version, which also has the NAV and NPF program. So it's sorted. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?