NAV problem

Fateful Thankful Shadow 15:52 31 Jul 2003

Evertime I try to enable autoprotect, I keep getting the Internet Explorer error message that
"res://C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVUI.dll/navstats.htm"
has caused un Unspecified error and it asks me whether or not I want to continue running scripts on the page.

Also, there is an error with my virus definitions. When I run live update, it says that I have the most up-to-date definitions.

What on earth is going on?

P.S. I had to run system restore earlier to get my internet connection to work again

Andsome 15:56 31 Jul 2003

Try uninstalling Norton AV and then reinstalling. If this fails try the helpline at Symantec. I had a similar problem once when I was using Norton 2002 on Windows 98, and the answer was a deletion of some files, but I cannot remember the details.

Fateful Thankful Shadow 15:58 31 Jul 2003

I can uninstall the program, but it came with the computer as the factory setting. So, my copy of NAV is on the quickrestore disks. The only way for me to reinstall NAV is to reinstall XP via the disks!

Wes Tam ;-) 16:03 31 Jul 2003

This Symantec page click here may give a solution

Stuartli 16:38 31 Jul 2003

You really only require NAV for e-mails - otherwise it just slows everything up unnecessarily.

I've never had AutoProtect enabled and I've had no problems, but it has stopped viruses instantly; there is a benefit to daily updating..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017