NAV 2003

Snakey 19:02 29 Dec 2003

PC Running Win98

After installing NAV 2003 and performing all the updates I have been unable to do a full system scan. The scan gets to a directory in My Docs and seems to be scanning millions of files before I have to terminate the Scan. I also noticed that the ammount of free space on my Hard Disk was decreasing whilst the scan was proceeding. This returned to noraml only after a cold Boot.

On closer examination of this I dicovered three folders named only with one letter (r,p, or e) and associated hidden files with weird names. I cannot delete these files from Explorer or through DOS. I have removed all my data from the folder and when I check the Properties it shows the Size as 12gb. When I then check the properties of my Hard Disk it is only 5.8gb.

I did install this drive in another PC and checked for Viruses before installing NAV so I am pretty sure it is not that.

I have also tried a program called Renamer.exe but this too cannot rename the files or folders to enable me to delete them.

Finally before I posted this I put the Hard Disk in an XP PC but still cannot delete them.

Help Please

Kind Regards

VoG II 21:59 29 Dec 2003

^BUMP^

Snakey 22:33 29 Dec 2003

Sorry !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?