Natwest & Barclays philshing

Newuser2 16:29 09 Dec 2005

Have received quite few philshing e-mails from the above over the last few days, but the e-mail address they have been sent to is not me, yet they have appeared in my in box.
I called Telewest to advise them but they didn't seem to bothered and suggested that the philshers send out hundreds of e-mails and these then find there way into people in boxes by picking up on the first letter or two of anyone's e-mail address.
As I don't have accounts with either it was obvious to me that it was a scam, but be warned.

octal 16:36 09 Dec 2005

I had 21 of these sitting on my computer when I returned from two weeks holiday Tuesday, I just deleted them and didn't worry about them.

LAP 16:41 09 Dec 2005

I've had several from Halifax, LLoyds Bank & Barclays all go straight into my spam box. Bin them.

rawprawn 16:42 09 Dec 2005

Thank you for the warning

Newuser2 11:16 10 Dec 2005

Got another one from NatWest ? this morning.
Again not to my e-mail address.
Telewest told me yesterday to forward the ones I called them about yesterday to [email protected] which I did.
I got e-mails back saying not to send them.??
Makes you wonder what is going on at TW.
I have of course deleted them all.

Jackcoms 11:18 10 Dec 2005
  VoG II 11:27 10 Dec 2005

You should only report spam/phishing to blueyonder if the message originates from a blueyonder account click here

ACOLYTE 13:34 10 Dec 2005

I also have had these emails,from different sites for different banks,and some at the same time i just delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?