Nationwide banking

muddypaws 08:58 08 Mar 2007

Anyone else received emails from Nationwide regarding their online account that I, at least, don't have?!
Needless to say I deleted without opening.

muddypaws 08:59 08 Mar 2007

Two mails were waiting for me this morning.

realist 09:17 08 Mar 2007

Maybe from someone with that NW laptop that went awol?!

anchor 09:39 08 Mar 2007

Could be a Phishing attack.

I get a number of e-mails from Banks with whom I don`t have an account.

You did the correct thing in deleting them.

FatboySlim71 09:45 08 Mar 2007

It could well be phishing, phishers send out emails to alot of people hoping that one will end up in someones inbox who has a online Nationwide account, these phishing emails normally look very legit and they normally give some excuse for contacting you, and the email will have a link in it that puts you on to a fake site and from there it will ask you to enter your log on details for some reason or other, if you enter these they will have the details to log into your account.

Be very very careful. The thing is NO BANK WILL EVER SEND YOU AN EMAIL ASKING YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR LOG ON DETAILS/PASSWORD. If it indeed is a phishing email you can normally report these to the company in question, which in this case will be Nationwide.

muddypaws 15:36 08 Mar 2007

Always very wary, never fear.

Salut 16:07 09 Mar 2007

The advise from my bankers is to report any suspicious email to reports@banksafeonline.org.uk. Include a copy of the 'properties' from the email. Then having done that delete the original email.

FatboySlim71 is right, no bank/building socy will send you an email.

dth 17:02 09 Mar 2007

thank goodness dodgy emails about nationwide. i must have had 100s of dodgy bank emails but not one dodgy nation wide (who i bank with) email - was beginning to get a complex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?