Naming CD tracks after they've been ripped to PC

wint 09:45 08 Oct 2005

Hi, Is there a way of automatically naming ripped audio tracks - after they have been ripped to a PC?

I have the original CDs but would rather not re-record them again. There aren't that many, I just can't think of a sensible way & it's more a challenge than a necessity!

Can't see anything in RealPlayer or Win Media Player to name after ripping.

Thanks, Wint.

moodboom 09:50 08 Oct 2005

That would be an interesting one, but I presume the cd info doesn't get ripped along with the tracks. I presume then you didn't rip while online so that WMP would track list for you?

wint 10:15 08 Oct 2005

Exactly moodboom. My daughter never thought to do it on-line, I suspect the router was off.

bvw in bristol 10:47 08 Oct 2005

In WMP right click the track and choose Find Album Info or use Advanced Tag Editor and enter the details yourself.

wint 22:57 08 Oct 2005

Thanks "bvw in bristol". Tried that, it doesn't recognise the CD I used, Kraftwerk, Trans Europe Express.

I tried on my laptop & Dell's Music Match will recognise the CD & tracks but won't actually rename them unless I pay for the full version. I don't want to do this as I (surprisingly - to me anyway) prefer the latest version of Real Player*

Also this is now more a challenge & I don't actually need to make it work, I am just frustrated that I can't!

* Real Player free version used to be a very cut down programme. It used to only allow ripping at, I think, 96Kbps maximum. Now you can rip CDs at upto 256Kbps. There also appears to be no spyware built in. It previously (right or wrong) had a reputation for being a little "intrusive".

bvw in bristol 23:55 08 Oct 2005

WMP won't always recognise the CD you want to rip, sometimes you have to use the Advanced Tag Editor and enter the details yourself. It takes a few minutes, that's all. The track info is:

1. Europe Endless

2. The Hall Of Mirrors

3. Showroom Dummies

4. Trans-Europe Express

5. Metal On Metal

6. Franz Schubert

7. Endless Endless

...but I guess you know that as you have the disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?