n00b needs help!

Dorkins 11:39 23 May 2007

Have installed Mandriva Spring on my computer and it looks great but to get online i have got a Netgear WGR614 v6 54Mbps Wireless Router. The problem i have how do i get the installation cd to run?

I put the installation cd into the drive but then nothing? Can someone help me please

Danoh 21:43 23 May 2007

As you have gone with a Linux operating system, you will need to configure things manually - the installation CD is intended to run on Windows machines on the whole.

To go with a Linux setup, with the inevitable manual configurations required in this Windows dominated market, I presume you are pretty IT-savy?

Ashrich 22:59 23 May 2007

As the WGR614 is only a wireless router I assume you have an Ethernet modem connected to your internet provider , if that is the case connect an Ethernet cable to the router , the other end to your desktop , then a cable from the modem to the WAN port on the router , open your chosen browser and type in the address bar ...192.168.0.1 press enter and type " admin " for the user and " password " for the password , then run the internet set up wizard , then set up your wireless encryption and away you go .

Which wireless adapter are you using ?

Ashley

setecio 08:57 24 May 2007

or you are using cable (VirginMedia). Indeed you can't use the installation CD - just use 192.168.0.1 in a browser window to set up manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?