MyWay.MyWay. Can't delete it.

Sapins 11:16 04 Mar 2005

Spybot has found this with 8 entries 7 of which are in the registry.

I ran the scan because of a problem with Outlook Express, I can not open any web links in any e-mails, when I do click on a link it shows "not responding" Also when I completed the Spybot scan and went to delete MyWay.MyWay Spybot showed "not responding" as well. I have to go to Task Manager to start again and I have not been able to delete the entry. So, should I use System Restore?

I am using XP Home and I have Spybot, Spywareblaster Norton System Works, Norton Firewall and Microsoft's Anti Spyware installed. I also signed up to a Yahoo e-mail account on 27th. of February but the problem only started yesterday.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:20 04 Mar 2005

Have you tried Spybot in safe mode?

Sapins 11:25 04 Mar 2005

Hi JaßîsFaß ˜, No I haven't, but I would like to know if this entry is causing the problem with the web links and where it came from first.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:36 04 Mar 2005
  Sapins 12:02 04 Mar 2005

Thanks for that JaßîsFaß ˜, I'll try to delete it this afternoon and let you know how I get on.

g0slp 12:53 04 Mar 2005

Sapins, I think there are many of us who would like to know which rock your problem crawled out from under...

Good luck deleting it.

Sapins 13:04 04 Mar 2005

Couldn't have put it better myself:-)

VoG II 13:10 04 Mar 2005
  Sapins 14:07 04 Mar 2005

Hi all. just ran Spybot in Safe mode and it found nothing, it must have deleted the MyWay.MyWay before it stopped responding!

VoG™, I have been in add/remove programmes and when I tried to remove My Search Bar I got the following message, " Error loading F:?PROGRA 1/MyWay/mybar/1.bin/mybar.dll. The specified module could not be found."

I have tried some web links in e-mails and they all work ok now!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:35 04 Mar 2005

So do you believe you have got rid of the pest?

Sapins 16:00 04 Mar 2005

It looks like its gone, but I still don't know where it came from. My chief suspect is Yahoo but having looked at all my recent installations it could well be "webeasy" which was on a cover CD from PCA? I'm sure now that Spybot deleted it before in went into "not responding" mode. I think I can't delete My Search Bar from add/remove programmes because it has already been removed but I don't know why it's still showing up.

I have double checked that I can click on web links in e-mails and it works ok so I'll tick this now. Thanks again for your link and you for yours VoG™

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone