MyWay My Websearch

Dekka123 09:04 22 Dec 2008

When I ran spybot S&D this morning The above nasty was showing. I tried to remove it but got the message that it could not be removed and to restart my comp, which I did. S & D started up and I got the same result. Can someone please advise me how I can remove it. Is it dangerous if I cant remove it. Thanks in advance. I am running Win XP Pro SP3.

MAJ 09:10 22 Dec 2008

Download, install, update and run scans with both Mbam click here and SuperAntiSpyware click here both are free.

Elderslie 11:21 22 Dec 2008

Google "My Way My Web Search" I think you'll find it's harmless.

bremner 11:29 22 Dec 2008

This might help click here

Dekka123 12:07 22 Dec 2008

MAJ thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded both programmes and scanned my system. Both programmes detected the files and and reported that it had removed the threat. I then scanned the system again and it reported all was clear and there were no threats. I then ran spybot search and destroy and it reported the offending fies were still there. I then went to the control panel add and remove programmes and the programme was not listed. Any ideas?

skidzy 16:23 22 Dec 2008

after running SAS and Mbam (in safemode) you need to reboot the computer and scan again....Do you still have any entries ?

The best way of removal is manually if possible.Here is a link that will guide you through,if you need help...just ask click here

Dekka123 23:44 22 Dec 2008

Thanks skidzy for your reply. The problem is there is no mention of the programme in add & Remove. I scanned with SAS and it found it and I quarantined it and then rebooted and rescanned and it said there were no infections.I then scanned my comp in spybot S & D and the infection showed again and it was unable to remove it. So I am now stumped any other suggestions.

rdave13 00:16 23 Dec 2008

It could be that Spybot s&d is picking it up in SAS' quarantine. Delete it from quarantine and then run a scan with spybot. click here

Dekka123 07:42 23 Dec 2008

Hi rdave13 I did as you suggested and I scanned with SAS and it reported no threats. I then rebooted and scanned with Spybot S & D and it still found the threat fter a reboot.

rdave13 10:27 23 Dec 2008

Have a look in program files or do a search for myweb search or fun web products empty folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement