Mystery Problem

Phoenix40 18:09 24 Aug 2010

Hello im not sure if ive got an virus infection on my computer that is stopping me from using my Malware and superspyantivirus check. I thought i was installing an updated flashplayer to watch films when i got some sort of advert instead and since then i am unable to start up any of these antivirus systems except for my AVG antivirus setup as yet im not sure if its affected as well.I just click on these items on my desktop and nothing happens now. Also my internet is acting strange sending me to sites i dont want. I have tried to do internet repair but the repair site on Microsoft wont work. I get a google report saying i cant connect. I have Wins Vista. I also get internet is unable to connect at time must close down etc. I hope someone can explain what i can do thanks.

awest3 18:22 24 Aug 2010

Have you tried a system restore..? you may need to go back a few days to before the download.

Nontek 18:22 24 Aug 2010

If you can start PC in Safe Mode, you should then be able to run all your anti-everything programs.

rawprawn 18:24 24 Aug 2010

Try starting in Safe Mode, and then do System Restore, if that doesn't work try scanning in Safe Mode using both SAS and Malwarebytes

Phoenix40 18:55 24 Aug 2010

Hello thank you for your replies. Yes i did do it in safe mode as well and it still wont work. Also when i saw your email i was unable to directly come to your site i got an about blank message come up instead. I had to go around about way to get here. Finally how do i do a system restore? I dont think ive done that before. Usually the computer does that automatically. My AVG antivirus scan picked up two trojan virus but they said it was low level so i dont know if that can still affect the computer. Hope to hear from someone soon thanks.

Nontek 19:07 24 Aug 2010

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore follow prompts ......

Do it in safe Mode.

Phoenix40 19:43 24 Aug 2010

Hello thank you for your advice. I did as you say about doing a system restore in safe mode, but im afraid it hasnt worked. I still cant connect directly to you from my email and i still cant use my Malware or Superspyware either. So i still cant understand whats affected them? I did try to install the Lavasoft Adware. It partly worked but i am unable to update it i get an error message 1 come up whatever that means? Hope to hear from someone soon thanks for your help anyway.

woodchip 19:50 24 Aug 2010

Try downloading and running this click here

Nontek 19:53 24 Aug 2010

When you tried the System Restore, did you choose a date shown in BOLD print? the other dates are not Restore Points.

birdface 20:01 24 Aug 2010

Give this a try.

click here
its free for 30 day.

Phoenix40 21:22 24 Aug 2010

Hello sorry i cant remember if there was a list in bold print. All it showed was a list of dates when i installed software recently. So i chosed a point 2 days ago when i didnt install certain games and a driver x for one of them. I seem to have made some progress at the moment. I finally manage to do a Microsoft internet repair, which claimed i was having problems with my toolbars like AVG and Google, also with javascript to close down. Ive manage to directly connect straight to you now from my email. But my internet still takes awhile to start up or it crashes as well. I have downloaded these antivirus things you mention. I suppose one should always do a scan in safe mode i presume? Let me know next time for any ideas thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?