mystery key on keyboard

  sunny staines 17:39 18 Jun 2007

after spilling tomato puree over my keyboard [waiting for it to dry after rinse under sink]

i used an old spare keyboard i was given ages ago as a spare but cannot work out it has an extra F11 KEY it has the normal F1-F12 keys then on the very top right cornor of the keyboard has a F11 key the "F" is in bold serif print with a small "11" next to it. tried pressing in office and internet but appears to do nothing just very curious as to its purpose anyone seen this before.

keyboard looks a few years old called a "turbo-xwing"

  Technotiger 18:16 18 Jun 2007

Maybe you can find the answer here ... courtesy of Google.

click here

  sunny staines 20:28 18 Jun 2007


thanks for the imput had already tried google as my first line of enq with key and make got similar results all selling keyboards or asking for drivers.

  Technotiger 20:35 18 Jun 2007

Have you looked in Control Panel>Keyboard maybe some clue in Properties - just a slight chance.

  brundle 20:38 18 Jun 2007

Should read Fn? If so, cursor repeat rate; click here

  sunny staines 21:31 18 Jun 2007

looks like that could be it, a worn key making the n look like an 11. It says its for locking the keyboard but as i have no drivers and they appear to be as rare as hens teeth i will never know.

my trusted old gateway keyboard [now 9 years old] just gone back on my pc and seems to work ok.

thanks technotiger and brundle for helping out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?