mystartsearch removal can't get rid of it

Daisy22 10:34 11 Nov 2014

this horrible thing has overtaken all my search engines. I've tried to remove as suggested by virus experts but it won't get rid of it.

anyone know a way? i'm not too techy so easy instructions please

john bunyan 10:45 11 Nov 2014

I would start by downloading, and running, ADW Cleaner from here

Bleeping Computer

Run it (takes a while) accept all suggestions and hopefully it may clear the problem on re start. I assume in "Programmes" in Control Panel this mystartsearch is not there?

Also run Malawarebytes and SAS if you have them.

1]: [click here

spuds 10:45 11 Nov 2014

You could try two possible solutions. No guarantees given. Download ADW Cleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-root Kit click here and/or click here

john bunyan 10:48 11 Nov 2014

PS do uninstall it if it is in Control Panel / Programmes and features, first.

john bunyan 10:52 11 Nov 2014

Have a read here , too:

Remove mystartsearch

Daisy22 11:13 11 Nov 2014

I've run malwarebytes, crap cleaner and spybot, all unsuccessful in getting rid of it.

You are correct, it doesn't appear in Control Panel.

I'll give the suggestions a go.

Jollyjohn 11:36 11 Nov 2014

Assuming you are using Internet explorer. Go Start Control Panel Programs Tick the box to "Show updates" Wait for this to fill then scroll down looking for the update of Internet Explorer. Select it and select Uninstall.

This will roll back to the previous version and remove the mystartsearch

Reboot and open Internet Explorer and under Help at the top you can check for updates and update to latest version, if you want.

sunnystaines 11:53 11 Nov 2014

my netbook has just been hijacked by yahoo adwclear was the only thing to clear it, sas malaearebytes and norton all failed. not sure if its the same adaware but change all browsers to yahoo inckuding search engines and web pages loaded yahoo smartbars across the screen with ads, add/remove programes and ccleaner could not unistall yahoo. years ago back in w95 it was a repectable company and many used it now its a real pain since its joined the adaware society

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017