mysexworld [email protected]

Jeffersonrex 16:36 05 Sep 2007

Being a total novice to computing I allowed access over the weekend to my party house guests. I was aware they were accessing erotica,but hey it was party w/end. Im now saddled with pop-up bill amounting to £39.99. I was going to pay it ,until I made further enquires and found this site,realising I was nearly duped. Is there an easy way to rid myself of this menace. I have downloaded free Prev-ex2 as suggested in the forum but I understand this is only a short curative and theyll be back. I didnt understand a single word of one suggestion in the forum. It also worries me that my own Bulldog package appears useless. Any advice out there

Clapton is God 16:53 05 Sep 2007

There are several threads on this long-standing topic in the various Forums.

Have a look for MBS or MBS billing (try Consumerwatch)

wee eddie 17:00 05 Sep 2007

If not do whatever the Techies tell you. It may work.

VoG II 17:38 05 Sep 2007
  Forum Editor 10:48 07 Sep 2007

but I don't understand. You say that you know your computer was used by your friends who were "were accessing erotica", and yet you feel you were "nearly duped" - how is that?

iscanut 12:02 07 Sep 2007

Why would Bulldog ( Firewall,AV or Spyware ?) have helped. Someone has accessed the site and obviously ticked a box or agreed to the terms & conditions, as unfair as hey may seem !

tullie 13:19 07 Sep 2007

Pay it,it was no accident

techie4me 14:18 07 Sep 2007

'hey it was party w/end'
Well looks like you have a bill to pay then!

Jeffersonrex 15:30 07 Sep 2007

hank-you Claptonisgod I will follow the threads and see what I can do. As for the rest of the replies I come to the forum for help not "holy-than-thou" advice. Do you really believe that if I pay they will go away. Im a novice at computing but not a total mug.. To forum editor. of course I was duped no one signed up for anything at all the site was accessed without any indication a contract was being signed. I have since found the "friend" who admitted using the PC and he confirms this.

Jeffersonrex 15:30 07 Sep 2007

hank-you Claptonisgod I will follow the threads and see what I can do. As for the rest of the replies I come to the forum for help not "holy-than-thou" advice. Do you really believe that if I pay they will go away. Im a novice at computing but not a total mug.. To forum editor. of course I was duped no one signed up for anything at all the site was accessed without any indication a contract was being signed. I have since found the "friend" who admitted using the PC and he confirms this.

wee eddie 16:02 07 Sep 2007

I'm afraid he did sign. very much in the same way as you sign when you buy something on line.

By accepting the Terms, laid out on the page he didn't bother to read.

However, follow the yellow brick road and you may be able to delete all traces. It just depends on how much you value your time as opposed to your wallet. In the meantime I should bill your friend for his activities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?