mysearchdial is it malware? cant find it??

laptopdunce 17:07 20 Dec 2013

I have just used recovery disks on my Asus laptop after the "configure updates 3" loop I was stuck in, now it is all working againg but when I open the i.e. browser I get a bar at the top saying "mysearchdial - search - microsoft internet explorer " I looked on internet and it says it is a malware, and how to remove it BUT it isnt there in the programmes in control panel nor is it in the "manage add-ons" under the gear icon of i.e. but everytime I open up ie. it appears at the top of the page, I also have google chrome browser installed on that laptop, just installed Anti-malwarebytes free version to do a scan and see if that brings anything up, but is it likely my computer is infected?? and what can I do? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

onthelimit1 17:32 20 Dec 2013

Have a look in IE - Tools (gearwheel), Internet Options, General. If mysearchdial is in the Homepage box, delete it and type in your preferred (eg google.co.uk), then apply.

finerty 17:48 20 Dec 2013

donwload revo unistaller and c if removes it

revo

spuds 19:51 20 Dec 2013

Its not going to be easy to find and remove?.

click here

laptopdunce 10:07 21 Dec 2013

Hi, I did that, changed the default browser to yahoo.co.uk in the internet options in tools, seems to have stopped it, and ran an antimalwarebytes and it found 6 of these PUP things, so deleted those, let the computer run for 4 hours then shut down and restarted and ran another antalwarebytes scan and it came up clean, going to turn that laptop on now and see how it performs, am always worried about bits of this sh*t being hidden away somewhere. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 11:01 21 Dec 2013

how do I check msconfig??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone