Mydoom remover and font sizes....

DIYgirl 19:40 30 Jan 2004

Today I have recieved several emails sent via mail daemon (or what ever it is called--sorry, I am dealing with my three-year-old whilst typing this) which suggested that my email address had been used to send out several messages infected with the Mydoom virus.

I found a message about this on this forum, went and downloaded the remover, and ran it fine. No infection was found. However, ever since runnign it, the appearance of some of the web pages I visit has changed (not this one though). The size of the font used to display text has increased from about 12 point to 14 or 16 point.

I run Win98 SE on an old Dell, by the wya. Why is this happening? I have not changed any settings, or done anything significant other than download the checker thingy and run it once. Then I switched off the computer, switched it on again jsut now and bingo! big text. Any ideas? And sorry to be a girly here, it seems such a little thing to post about but I don't understand why it is happening!

johnnyrocker 19:45 30 Jan 2004

you were probably not infected it was more likely a friend who is infecred and has your address in their pc and the worm configures all the adresses and mass mails, sorry cant help with font prob.

johnny.

Big Elf 20:25 30 Jan 2004

You could try adjusting the font size in IE from View, Text Size and then choose from the list.

skeletal 20:28 30 Jan 2004

Depending on which browser you are using, and which site you are looking at and whether you have a wheel mouse (!); hold down the ctrl key and operate the wheel on the mouse. You should find some text elements will change their font size. By rotating back and forth (the mouse wheel, not your goodself!!) you should be able to get back to the size you are used to.

It's possible for any program to muck up any other one, this may have happened to you.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone