MyDoom

Mike 21:50 19 Nov 2004

My son-in law is alledging that a MyDoom virus has been sent from my email addressed to him.

McAfee latest DAT files show my computer clean and I use MailWasher to delete suspicious emails whilst on the server.

No other recipients in my address book have received similar emails.

He states that my my address book can be interrogated by outside sources and an address copied (I use McAfee Firewall) and the virus could be activated from my server.

He also has pinged my email and it has definitely come from my address- is this possible ?

I feel that this is a load of rubbish but as he is computer literate (and works in IT) I am wary. Is there any semblance of truth in what he is sayng?
Mike

stalion 21:55 19 Nov 2004

If your son-in-law is computer literate as you say then he should realise that these viruses can emerge from any direction and can be carried on anyones email without their knowledge.
Regards

Cook2 23:25 19 Nov 2004

To put your mind at rest,click here download, disconnect from the net, stop your antivirus prog then run Avast! Cleaner. If you are in fact infected with MyDoom, Avast! Cleaner will detect it and rid you of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?