My yahoo email account has been hacked!

K*B 07:08 21 Dec 2014
Answered

Friends, my yahoo email account has been hacked. As a result all emails posted to my yahoo address do not reach my yahoo inbox. The last yahoo email I received is dated 17 December 2014. I confirmed this by sending an email from a gmail account to my yahoo address this morning and it has still not been received in my yahoo inbox. Can someone help me out of this? How can this be fixed? Is there something I can do to restore my yahoo account? When it got hacked sometime last week, the first thing I did was to change my password. So I'm able to log into my yahoo account using a new password, but it appears no emails are coming through any more. Please help. Thanks in advance.

morddwyd 08:25 21 Dec 2014

Have you checked the spam folder? Any spam getting through?

K*B 14:21 21 Dec 2014

Yes, the hachers used my account to send multiple emails to people which read that I was stranded somewhere in Turkey and that I needed money urgently to go back home ........ etc. Have you had such emails before? What is Yahoo's contact? Maybe I can contact Yahoo for help just as you advised. Thanks.

K*B 19:35 21 Dec 2014

I have checked the spam folder. The last spam is dated 7th December. The email I sent to my yahoo inbox didn't land in the spam folder, not in the inbox either. Just disappeared into thin air! What could be happening? thanx in advance.

rdave13 20:51 21 Dec 2014

Don't use Yahoo but have a look at this this page.

K*B 12:46 26 Dec 2014

rdave13!! thanks for good advice. That is a good link. Unfortunately I still have not found a solution on the link. My problem is that my yahoo account has been blocked from receiving emails, even though it can still send emails. The last email received in my yahoo inbox is dated 17 December; the last email received in the spam folder is dated 17th December too. What I need now is to have my account receive emails. When I suspected my account has been hacked into, I immediately changed my password into a stronger one. What next can I do to completely recover my yahoo acount? Can you help? Thanks in advance.

K*B 13:48 15 Jan 2015

Unfortunately I still have not found a solution to my problem. My problem is that my yahoo account has been blocked from receiving emails, even though it can still send emails. The last email received in my yahoo inbox is dated 17 December; the last email received in the spam folder is dated 17th December too. What I need now is to have my account receive emails. When I suspected my account had been hacked into, I immediately changed my password into a stronger one. What next can I do to completely recover my yahoo acount? I can sent emails and they are received, but I cannot see any incoming emails in my inbox. In other words, I cannot receive emails. The last email I received in my yahoo account was on 17th December 2014! Can anyone help with what to do to receive emails in my yahoo account which seems to have been hacked into? Thanks in advance.

K*B 12:30 20 Jan 2015

Is there anyone out there who can help me to restore my hacked Yahoo account? The last email received was on 17th December 2014 and nothing has been received since then even though I know lots of emails have been sent to that Yahoo address. Thanks.

Peter 19:41 20 Jan 2015

K*B,

You could try this link

click here use the "My account may have been compromised" option.

Peter.

and

K*B 11:50 25 Jan 2015

Hello Peter, thanks for response. The link you've given me leads me to reset my password, but I already changed my password soon after the attack. It was after changing the password that I stopped receiving any further emails on my Yahoo account. I can access the account using my new password, I can send emails which are received by the recepients, but I don't received emails sent to me using that same account. Are you sure that following the link above will help me to receive emails and therefore have my problem solved? Thanks in advance.

K*B 11:52 25 Jan 2015

Hello Peter, thanks for response. The link you've given me leads me to reset my password, but I already changed my password soon after the attack. It was after changing the password that I stopped receiving any further emails on my Yahoo account. I can access the account using my new password, I can send emails which are received by the recepients, but I don't received emails sent to me using that same account. Are you sure that following the link above will help me to receive emails and therefore have my problem solved? Thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?