My Work Placement with PC World in Swansea

RobCharles1981 18:34 05 Jan 2007

I was doing Work Experience there for approx 8 Weeks helping out in the PC Clinic doing installs, and any testing and upgrading and health checks and my workers say "Don't Install Free Software on clients Computers" its against the license agreement to Norton and Maccfee and on a few occasions might have got away with it!

And basically these are rubbish software anyway as we all know.

Some came to me over the 8 weeks I was there "My Norton has expired what do I do?" I said "Ditch it and pointed them in the right direction for the feebies that are mentioned on here.

But moving off the subject - I had two very ignorant customers 1 a few days ago I was setting up and installing her Laptop and installing Software Norton and Fifa and trying to do the Windows Updates on her Laptop taking a bit longer than usual and she was the most snootiest cow imaginable for example "You have wasted my time or the store has wasted my time where I could of been doing other things" I was just laughing to myself and was ignoring her and then she went off in a huff - I said "Have a good day madam!!"

Now today this chap who was a bit narked with the PC World Service and a number of phone calls ect ect had a dodgey Printer that when every time he prints the paper jams and was being dam right orkward it was an epson all in one type saying that when he tired to copy something the paper would jam when you try to print, the customer wasn't being very clear at all so I walked off and let someone take over I was *[email protected]:ed off basicaly.

What are your experiences with PC World from around the UK where you are all from???

Regards

Rob from Swansea

STREETWORK 18:40 05 Jan 2007

The customer service at PC world Swansea...

RobCharles1981 18:42 05 Jan 2007

Yeah and ???

lisa02 18:45 05 Jan 2007

Ignoring customers.
Laughing at customers.
Taking the huff at customers.
Walking off and leaving colleagues to sort things.
Making the company look bad.

......not bad for a days work.

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:46 05 Jan 2007

What are your experiences with PC World from around the UK where you are all from???

Although i find pc world a fairly good shop for getting parts from not many pc shops here. the only niggle i have with the store is the staff are like money vampires after you pennies jumped on as soon as you get in the door they must have some hidden radar built in , and the security guard make you feel like a shop lifter when hes folloing you around the store as some other people have comented about.

Fingees 18:47 05 Jan 2007

I think this thread would be better in consumer watch, or speakers corner, as it's not really a pc problem.

RobCharles1981 18:54 05 Jan 2007

Surfmonkey:

I agree PC World are a bit of money grabers, but to be fair they do a good Collect @ Store service, the security guard in Swansea is alright but he can be a bit anoying at times I find in myself - he has to do a bag search all the time on me - what do I have in there.... My Drink and A Copy of the Daily Star and an empty lunch box!!

Hes alright thou.

But to be fair they are a nice bunch in Swansea I must say they have made me feel welcome at their store and they laugh at my jokes!!

ed-0 18:55 05 Jan 2007

my local PC World to everyone.

The staff are knowledgeable, polite, friendly. Always have great service.

If they had staff like you, I would complain to the manager and write to the head of DSG.

" I was doing Work Experience there for approx 8 Weeks helping out in the PC Clinic doing installs "

Lets hope they have not offered you a position.:-(

lisa02 19:03 05 Jan 2007

Money grabbers?

You are so right. How dare they set up shops all over Britain trying to sell you things. It's a down right sin that they might profit from selling you stuff, what has the world come to.

I don't work for PCW but I do work for another large British retailer and if I ever had your attitude or similar affliction I'd resign.

RobCharles1981 19:19 05 Jan 2007

Hang on a minute are you talking it out on me?? I haven't practically done anything wrong! I didn't say anything nasty to the customer I was put in a sticky situation that I couldn't resolve so I transfered it to someone else, I didn't say anything nasty to the customer at all. The PCW Staff where on my side and they could see what was happening.

Jackcoms 19:24 05 Jan 2007

Hoisted by your own petard, I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?