My Wireless-G ADSL Gateway Linksys won't give me n

kaywell 00:33 06 Oct 2004

I recently purchase a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway, A usb wireless-g for PC, and a Linksys wireless adapter laptop card.
It connect to the internet for the PC and the laptop simutneously. But I can make them connect to each other as networking. I wrote to linksy and they inform that is Window problem. I am using Win XP Professional for my PC as well as my laptop.
Please teach me how to make it networking?

johnnyrocker 00:36 06 Oct 2004

why not click here or click here and it maybe the windows firewall if you have sp2
johnny.

georgemac 07:07 06 Oct 2004

are you running xp sp1 or sp2?

1. I would go into my software firewall and make sure in network settings that file and printer sharing is enabled - if you are able to access the internet I am sure it is

2. Next click start and my network places and see if anything is listed in the window.

If there is nothing, look below and see if there is an icon called shared documents. Windows sets up a network so you can only view files in the shared folders across the network

3. To share your other drives, in windows explorer right click on the drive, select sharing and security, click on the sharing tab and yo can set the drive to be shared from here. I would be careful about opening access to the c:\ drive as someone on the laptop could trash your os or vice versa.

4. Also consider security - at least give your network an exclusive SSID identity, and you should look at enabling WEP or WPA - I would check the linksys website for for info on this - cannot help here I am using netgear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?