My Website

pchelper001 21:18 04 Jan 2008

Is it possible for you guys to take a look at the design of my site and give me some feedback?

pchelper001 21:22 04 Jan 2008
  MAJ 21:39 04 Jan 2008

Looks good, but I bought a PCI - Ethernet card for £5 today.

Al94 21:52 04 Jan 2008

Attempt number two then? click here

pchelper001 21:56 04 Jan 2008

Ahh people, forget the products and internal bits, just focus on the design.

Kemistri 22:40 04 Jan 2008

Given up on the thinly disguised self-promotion, then?

In my book, the site gets off to a bad start with the coding. It is not valid. You might want to check that and debug as necessary in all common browsers.

You have a bunch of tables and other faults that prevent it from being WCAG compliant, which is pretty much essential for any commercial website. By creating accessibility problems, you are effectively discriminating against disabled users.

It's not particularly professional in appearance, which will ring alarm bells for many visitors who have been browsing Dabs or Amazon, et al.

"our use of your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Policy." - Should be in line with the UK's data laws, actually, so get to know them well. Over all, the terms and conditions need some work, for which you should always consult a professional. Money spent now could save a lot more money and hassle later.

Lose the plain e-mail link and improve the form. That's not fully accessible either.

The banner is an odd choice and does not match the site or its products.

Are those six products your entire catalogue, or just a highlight? If it is the latter, where can we see every product listed? If they are hidden behind a search box, that's not at all helpful.

Your privacy statement needs the same attention as the T&Cs.

From the FAQs: "It can take anything from two days to six days to arrive." - This is too specific and too optimistic. After seven days, people are going to say that you have breached your promise.

That's about it, I think. I hope that doesn't put you off.

Forum Editor 09:14 05 Jan 2008

is to post a fake 'I came across this website, what do you think?' type of thread, and then make matters much worse by trying to pretend that you aren't the operator of the business concerned. That's exactly what you did in the link posted by Al94, and that was a big mistake.

We don't allow people to use our threads as a means to promote their business ventures, and I'm sure you're aware of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?