My Startup Items dont ......

woofwoofbark 13:08 01 Mar 2006

...appear on my taskbar ...

I recently bought a new hard drive and have attached it to my comp as master its a Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB , I my older 40GB MaxtorI have added as a slave ... I have formatted the 80GB and split it to read as C:20GB and D:60GB plus I have my slave as E:40GB , anyway .... I have loaded my prgrams onto the HD but they do not appear on my taskbar , taskbar manager that pops up shows they are running , Ive added the icons for each program that I want running at startup to my Startup folder ... C:\Documents and Settings\geo g\Start Menu\Programs\Startup , but how come they dont show on the taskbar , I manually right click on them in tasbar manager and close them then go into C:\Program Files and open them that way , they then appear on the tasbar but after a reboot of the comp they dont appear yet again ....

plus , another thing

Since I have split the new HD the drive known as D: all the words/letter show up 'blue' where as on the other drives they are black , is this common after a HD is split to read as 2 drives ?

My startup Items always loaded great before on my other 40GB Maxtor drive , so what could be the problem ?? apart from this everything seems fine !

I hope Ive explained the situation ok and that someone can offer some help

Many Thanks

beemerman

woofwoofbark 14:04 01 Mar 2006

?

woofwoofbark 07:11 02 Mar 2006

450223 07:20 02 Mar 2006

Are your start up items in your MSCONFIG? go to Start, run type msconfig look at the last tab star up are they in the list and ticked?

woofwoofbark 07:32 02 Mar 2006

they are ticked on msconfig

woofwoofbark 17:26 02 Mar 2006

... I have formatted my hard drives and all is well , I still dont understand why they Icons wouldnt appear on the taskbar , I formatted the drive when I first got it and now have formatted once again and things are fine !!

Many Thanks to all that have replied !

Much appreciated

beemerman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?