'My Space' problem.

muddypaws 12:19 28 Mar 2007

Rather 'His Space'. ( Win. Live Mess.)
My set up: Win. XP Home XP2.IE 6
I can get into my friends 'Space' page and to where the photos should be. The thumbnails then appear with red crosses in them and the sreen continues to say 'loading' for ever.
Between us we have tried everything we can think of. His space works Ok with another contact. I have tried with all protection off ( just for a moment), with Activex access allowed and with the latest Flash Player loaded. Our 'share' folder works OK. Is there another solution please. Or could it be that he is IE7? Thanks.

robbiepaul79 12:29 28 Mar 2007

Im sure i had this problem with IE6 many months ago now yet im afraid i didnt fix it i made the switch to Firefox and now i have IE7 and havent found the problem again, upgrading or switching from IE6 would be the solution i reccomend.

muddypaws 13:51 28 Mar 2007

I think I would rather give up on 'My Space' as opposed to creating more problems with IE7.
Now their site has crashed!!
Waiting for any other suggestions.

muddypaws 14:19 28 Mar 2007

robbiepaul79
Have d/loaded FF and will wait until their site is back up. Thanks.

robbiepaul79 14:48 28 Mar 2007

Ok try it and see if it makes any difference it helped me when i started in having problems along similar lines i fell in love with Firefox after that and ive used it ever since.

muddypaws 15:17 28 Mar 2007

robbiepaul79
Stupid question no doubt, but how does FF make a difference to WLM. Do I have to change a setting somewhere or just have FF open.
Also-just tried to post on here with FF and I get a warning it will be sent un-encrypted. Looked all through 'help'. Is there a setting for that.
Thanks again.

Graham. 16:56 28 Mar 2007

Have a look in Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

muddypaws 19:34 28 Mar 2007

Graham.
I have IE6 and don't have Internet Explorer as an option there.

muddypaws 19:39 28 Mar 2007

robbiepaul79
Graham.
I really think I am going to have to resolve this. I can get on with the Messenger side of it OK, but the 'My Space' side is just becoming a pain in the a...!
No doubt will have one more try with my 'contact' tonight, but don't hold out much hope.
Shame, but not the end of the world!
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017