Is my Sound Card Faulty - No Sound

Shikaree 18:22 12 Mar 2009

Hi Falks,

I have a sound Card proplem I think.

1. There is no loudspeaker Icon on my computer, bottom right near Time.

2. Went to START > Control Panel > Sound & Audio Devices > Sound & Audio Device Properties > Volume Indicates No Audio Device.

AUDIO - Default Device has Modem#0 Line Playback in the long Box.

VOICE - has the same as AUDIO

I have XP Pro

Can anyone please HELP!!

That little Black Slot on the Sound Card, by accident I think I put a little pressure putting in the little lead with Four Pins into this Slot and it's moved out a bit forward.

Shikaree

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 12 Mar 2009

Switch off
remove and refit the sound card.
reboot the machine
see if windows finds new hardware and installs the card.

ambra4 00:54 13 Mar 2009

Double posting

click here

Shikaree 15:13 13 Mar 2009

Fruit Bat /\0/\,

I have removed the sound card & refitted it. Windows didn't show Found New Hardware. My Sound Card is not showing in Device Mamager.

Thanks

Shikaree

kindly 15:15 13 Mar 2009

I would try uninstalling the sound drivers in your device manager and then turning off the computer then back on. It should find the card and want to install the drivers. You could also try going to the card makers site and try to download new up to date drivers for it.

Shikaree 18:29 18 Mar 2009

Hi kindly,

My Speaker Icon is back on my computer at the bottom Left near Clock and It's in Divice Manager but tgere is still no Sound.

When I went into iTunes to open up a CD I have there a box came up saying:

iTunes had detecteda problem with your Audio configeration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly.

Please Help!

Shikaree

Shikaree 19:22 26 Mar 2009

Hi All,

Thanks very much for all your advise. I eventually installed a new Sound Card. Working fine.

I think taking the old Sound Card so often I may have damaged it. The thin wire from the DVD to the sound card I tried to plug in and it was there that the damage was done. The tiny Black socket on the Sound Card where that wire goes moved out a bit.

Much obliged.

Shikaree

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?