My shoppingGenie..is it Real or an elaborate Scam?

julius44 21:54 29 Nov 2010

Hello and good evening to u all. I saw a good friend of mine over the weekend, and she told me about the following....website:

click here

she also said that she went to a seminar this evening.....an there were loadz of people doing the presentation in stratford east london....and they said that they'd made loadz of money from it. I know that the people on this forum have the BEST knowledge on these kind of things so i just wanted the opinion of the people on here.

She stated that she's downloaded the shopping genie app onto her laptop......I saw this app over the weekend.

Jameslayer 22:01 29 Nov 2010

Link do0enst work for me.

julius44 22:08 29 Nov 2010

Just google shoppingenie.........

Nontek 22:19 29 Nov 2010

WOT warns against most entries for this site in Google - in any case, I would not touch it with a very long barge-pole!

lotvic 22:39 29 Nov 2010

Has Mr Stepsys has mended his ways? He has a history click here make sure you read the part
------------
No 41/98 1 October 1998

OFT halts misleading homeworking scheme ads

The Office of Fair Trading has scored a victory in the battle against misleading homeworking advertisements which promised ‘Unlimited Earnings’.

I Simon Stepsys, trading as........... hereby undertake to the Director General of Fair Trading that I (whether by myself or by my servants or agents or any of them or otherwise howsoever) will refrain from doing any of the following acts, that is to say publish or disseminate, or cause to permit to be published or disseminated, or otherwise be concerned with the publication or dissemination in any manner whatsoever, of any of the following types of misleading advertisement within the meaning of Regulation 2(1) of the Control of Misleading Advertisements Regulations 1988) namely:
----------------

Oh dear, he promised he wouldn't do it again.

julius44 22:51 29 Nov 2010

hello lotvic.........i'm a bit confused about your reply. U seem to be talking about a Mr Stepsys, but I cant see what this has to do with the info i wanted about shopping genie. Pls can u kindly clarify please..........

Proclaimer 22:58 29 Nov 2010

could be that the site is called simonstepsys. com

lotvic 23:02 29 Nov 2010

clarification: as per Proclaimer

Sea Urchin 23:42 29 Nov 2010

You make loadsa money by doing - nothing at all! When will people stop falling for these scams? If it sounds too good to be true - it isn't true.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?